Things More Likely Than Winning The Lottery
It’s an impossible thought, but someone’s got to win it right? For only a couple of quid, you could be in with the chance of winning millions. And when the jackpot rolls over into a multi-million pound winnings, and you’re feeling lucky, it’s absolutely worth a go.
How Much Does The Lottery Cost
It’s pretty cheap entering the lottery. For less than a few quid, maybe you think it’s worth chancing it in the hope of winning millions. Here’s where you can enter:
What Are The Odds Of Winning The Lottery?
So yeah, there are millions on the table, and you want to win it! But what are the odds? Is it really impossible? Surely can’t be that bad.
- Odds of Winning the Thunderball Jackpot: 1 in 8,060,598
- Odds of Winning the Lotto Jackpot: 1 in 45,057,474
- Odds of Winning the Euromillions Jackpot: 1 in 139,838,160
What Are The Odds Of Winning The Lottery?
Okay, so maybe if there is one in over a hundred million chance of winning, you might be wondering what else is more likely to happen. We put together a list of weird and wonderful things that are more likely than winning the lottery.
- Living To 100
- Probability: 1 in 4
- It’s pretty mad to think one in four babies born today will live to be 100 years old. Not sure about you, but having barely made it through my freshers flu, I want whatever they are having.
- Paying Your Student Loan Off In Full
- Probability: 1 in 5
- It’s more likely you’ll turn 100 than you’ll pay off your student loan. Stop ittt. That’s not a new target to set yourself.
- Being Struck By Lightning
- Probability: 1 in 10,000,000
- Not sure how many of you out there have been struck by lightning, seems pretty unlikely. But looks like it’s more likely to be struck by lightning than winning the lottery! Both will get you up in the morning, one with a nicer silver lining than the other.
- Finding A Pearl In An Oyster
- Probability: 1 in 12,000
- Only one in 12,000, that’s pretty good. Although that’s a hell of a lot of oysters to get through.
- Being Someone Who Sleepwalks
- Probability: 1 in 10
- Mental. Bet you never realised you knew so many sleepwalkers eh? That’s like a hilarious number of people. Or maybe you yourself sleepwalk. Keep your step counter going, keep track of those kcals your burning.
- Getting Attached By A Shark
- Probability: 1 in 3,748,067
- The chance of being attacked by a shark is super low, even if you’re a fan of seaside water sports and are always in the water. The movies make us think that Sharks are on a track mission to eat as many people as possible, but most of the time they’re actually pretty calm creatures who keep to themselves. Still, you’re more likely to get your leg chewed on by a shark, than you are winning the lottery.
- Becoming President
- Probability: 1 in 10 million
- Thought you could look after the United States? Maybe you’ll get some time once you’ve finished happy hour at the Slug & Lettuce. Pretty likely in comparison to winning the jackpot!
- Becoming A Billionaire
- Probability: 1 in 2,867,513
- I mean, I’ve never met a billionaire, but apparently it’s far more likely than winning a fraction of a billion on the lottery. I didn’t get the memo about this, and I’m still waiting on my bank account to hit 10 figures.. Maybe next week will be my week.
- Becoming An Astronaut
- Probability: 1 in 12,000,000
- Ever dreamt of going to space? Maybe when we were younger. Ever dreamt of winning the lottery? Most days it crosses my mind. But sadly, you’re statistically more likely to end up in space than you are to end up a multi-millionaire because you won the lottery.
- Being Hit By A Meteorite
- Probability 1 in 700,000
- Researchers have measured that on average, one meteorite falls to earth every single year. Even though getting hit by a meteorite is far more likely than winning the lottery, don’t start losing sleep over the thought. They normally burn up in a fireball as they enter the earth’s atmosphere, so by the time they reach us here on the surface, they’re too tiny to cause any harm.
Other Ways to Make Money as a Student
So whenever next there’s a rollover, and you’re considering taking your chances on that 100+ million up for grabs, maybe consider trying out for President? You never know though, as your gran probably said, someone’s gotta win it, right? Although, some of the best things in life are free, including Free Lottery Draws.
If you fancy trying to earn some money the old fashion way, have a look through the Student Saviour Jobs Finder to find the right job for you at your university or city. If you’re stuck for ideas on how to get yourself a job, click here to learn How to Get a Job Guide For Students!